The only thing that we here at Zeck Ford love more than a good car auction is a good concept car auction. Sure those don't happen nearly as much, but Ford seems to be developing a good habit of putting their concept cars up on the auction block, and this year's Monterey Car Week is proving it, once again.
More specifically, we're talking about the two concept models that Ford has created a tradition of auctioning off at the event. Just as they did last year, Ford brought two concept models to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, and this year's models did not disappoint. They are the Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept and vintage-inspired Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster Concept.
As if the names alone don't spark more than enough excitement, we'll share some sweet details about the two concepts with you in order to give you the full scope of their value:
Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept at a glance:- Debut Date/Location: Pebble Beach/2004
- Design Inspiration: Ford Shelby Cobra Concept
- Color Scheme: Silver exterior; black interior
- Engine: 6.4-liter all-aluminum V-10
- Transmission Type: 6-speed manual
- Power: 605-hp and 501 lb.-ft. of torque
- Special Note: Not a running example
Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster Concept At a Glance:- Debut Date/Location: North American International Auto Show (Detroit, MI)/2001
- Design Inspiration: 1962 ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster
- Color Scheme: Vibrant red exterior; white leather interior
- Engine: 3.9-liter V-8
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Suspension: Four-wheel independent
- Brakes: Four-wheel disc
- Special Note: Cannot be registered for highway use in the U.S.
Of course, we realize that you may just be more interested in a new Ford that you can actually drive without having to avoid the highway. That said, we offer a wide range of new and used Ford models on our lot at 10650 North Michigan Road Zionsville, IN 46077.
And, you can learn more about specific models, such as the Ford Expedition, Taurus, or Mustang, ahead of time by visiting our inventory and showroom pages online. But, if you really want to get a good feel for your next new or used car, then be sure to contact us online or by phone at (888) 764-5845 to arrange a test drive.
Want more from Ford? Make sure to keep checking back. At Pearson Ford, we're dedicated to keeping you informed!